Website for viewing DCP trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website for viewing DCP trailers

Does anyone know of a website to watch the DCP versions of trailers? I made a mock-up of what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find something that assists when assembling playlists so I can view the actual trailer before programming it into the playlist.

http://dcptrailers.net.s3-website-us....amazonaws.com

One of our german DCP trailer download portals has an integrated preview function, but that won't help you much. What about using a PC based DCP player for watching the actual DCP trailers? How/where do you store these trailers?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-12 um 23.49.33.png

Comment

The DCPs are typically sent to us via the DCDC satellite system. I do know how to download the DCPs via a FTP connection then watch using dcp-o-matic but that is a challenge for my colleagues that aren't as comfortable with technology.

For the mock up, I manually exported each dcp as a mp4 in dcp-o-matic then uploaded to youtube. An automated/batch solution would be appreciated but I don't have any experience with command lines or coding. Is that something you might be able to help with Carsten?

Comment

Would there be a way to play these DCPs directly off the DCDC box? Some systems/tools allow to create a network share from an FTP connection. That way, DCP-o-matic player could access these trailers directly as if they were on the local file system. Don't know if the necessary throughput is possible, but it would be the easiest way. Would the DCDC box support other connection types/protocols than plain FTP?

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us...ndows-Explorer

If there is enough local storage, you could probably also create a file sync method that makes all trailers on the DCDC box available locally automatically. Some FTP clients should allow this, and I guess it is fast enough for typical trailer sizes and a Gigabit network. E.g. https://www.cyberkiko.com/page/ftpsync/
        I think there are several of these tools.

https://www.exavault.com/docs/ftp-clients/01-sync-files-folders/start

Don't know if Filezilla client can be automated that way.

I don't think there is a dependable way to find the YouTube equivalents of our DCP trailers automatically (unless you create them yourselves, as you did). Especially since you explicitly want to see the exact trailer to be programmed, not a best guess. Pretty sure many cinematic trailer versions do never show up on Youtube.

I remember there was a request for a commandline MP4 export in DCP-o-matic , a festival organizer wanted this to create screeners. I have to look it up...

BTW - VLC is able to play DCPs, and access files through FTP. But it needs a very beefy machine to see more than a slide show. Not to say DCP-o-matic player is much less demanding.
        Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 03-13-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Kevin, the Film-Tech DCS system has what you are looking for. Here on our website is a login for clients. Once logged in via the secure server, they can select a location (if the client has more than one location) and view their bookings (imported from the POS system), search through content actually loaded onto their theater network, and view unencrypted trailers to verify they are selecting the correct version that they want to play.

In this screenshot "Dune" was clicked on to reveal every version of the "Dune" trailer the theater has loaded onto their network.

CL1.JPG

Beside each one is a play button, which opens a streaming window.

CL2.JPG

To program trailers, they just click the dropdowns and select what they want for each movie. Incorrect formats and other options are automatically filtered out so there can't be any mis-builds. The DCS system handles everything else from there.

CL3.JPG

It's all done on the website. No need to even connect a mouse or keyboard up to the TMS. The Film-Tech NOC handles everything else, including chasing down missing or invalid KDMs and so forth. This has all been standard features of our system for many years.

FYI this is a full service end-to-end automated solution with various other bells and whistles. The trailer preview isn't available as any kind of add-on though.

Comment

Working...
          X