Tenet not reporting grosses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenet not reporting grosses?

Just looked at Comscore, and Tenet is not listed in either the national grosses or our local grosses. Is this a new WB policy, or some sort of deal Nolan has? Or has Comscore gone screwy?

From what I've read they're not expected to report until Sunday.

Comment

Came here to find this out. What was your source please Ian? And thanks for the answer, such as it is...

Comment

Variety says WB is not reporting until Sunday, but doesn't say why.
        https://variety.com/2020/film/news/b...on-1234760782/

Comment

Boxoffice Mojo says "Tenet" did just over $20 million. Now we wait for Disney to start trumpeting how much they took in on "Mulan."

Comment

Yeah...well. There is over 50 Million in International boxoffice to add into that plus Tenet can STILL do the streaming thing. Heck, it can do the HBO/Showtime and then Streaming too...it can double/triple dip. Mulan is down to a single money grab.

And that is setting aside that the inherent markets for those two movies are not necessarily (or likely) the same (at least not a fully overlapping).

Comment

Tenet is doing pretty well over here, it's now in the second week and it's about the only thing constantly drawing a crowd. Given the fractured release this got in a difficult time, it's probably not fair to judge it on its opening weekend alone. The movie is now estimated to have grossed about $150M globally, which, given the current situation, isn't entirely bad. It remains to be seen if it really ends up making a ton of money, but at the very least it won't leave a giant dent and to Nolan's and WB's credit: they strongly decided to go for a theater-first release, therefore allowing the exhibition industry somewhat of a comeback.

Comment

Monday morning and still no grosses on Comscore. I guess they are waiting until the end of the holiday weekend.
                Right now, the highest per screen average is week 4 of Spongebob Squarepants.

Comment

Tenet is doing quite well in germany as well in the second week. There is now strong local competition, but still just a small drop compared to the first week. Not so bad, given this is a hell of a complicated flic...which is not necessarily as bad as some think. There is a difference between 'WHAT?' and 'WTF...?'

Comment

We're slower here with 7 screens of Tenet than we were last weekend without it. Not that that's saying much, we're VERY slow regardless

Comment

Wednesday and still no grosses, though Variety reported on Sunday a $20million weekend. Curiouser and curiouser.

Comment

I was told that Warners has forbidden reporting of Tenet gross's and told theatres up here they would face legal action if they reported them to press or other theatres

Comment

If the numbers were great they would be shouting about it. So....

Comment

Which brings us back to: is this a new WB policy, or some special deal with Nolan?

Comment

Several outlets have reported that the $20.2 million reported on Sunday is Tenet's "opening" gross over its first eleven days in Canada and the US. That points to a conventional three-day weekend of, at best, $15 million, which was on the very low end of expectations; I assume that's why they're reporting it the way they are. I suspect they're being so controlling with the numbers to try and head off the online film commentators who, for a variety of reasons, are out for blood for this film. This next bit is purely speculation on my part, but since they haven't been reporting dailies this week it wouldn't surprise me if they report the seven-day Mon-Sun gross as the "weekend" figure this coming Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X