Wal-Mart Enters Drive In Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post

Nope! Paid for by Robert DeNiro's money.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/07/rober...-movie-series/
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I somehow fail to see how this is connected to Walmart trying to leverage their often massive parking lots for other uses in times that they're not being used by the shopping public.

I see one other "mega-corp" here being involved: AT&T. Probably as an advertising channel and easier access to the considerable catalog at Warner Brother's disposal. While this also might be "just a money grab", this sounds more sophisticated than one of the world's largest retailers just looking for another way to cash-in on their assets mostly on the back of others, in this case, the independent exhibition industry.

Comment

Well, this turns out to be much less impressive than expected. There will be only 4 showings in Alabama, in October and not in the major cities.
      There are four showings planned for Alabama, though Walmart hasn’t announced which movies will be playing at individual shows. The Alabama events are:

Oct. 6 – Attalla Walmart

Oct. 7 – Attalla Walmart

Oct. 9 – Gadsden Walmart

Oct. 10 – Gadsden Walmart
      Find out what they are doing in your state here: https://thewalmartdrivein.com

Right now it doesn't say what movies when, but here's the smorgasbord:
      Movies planned for the tour include “Wonder Woman,” “Spy Kids,” “Space Jam,” “Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse,” “Ghostbusters,” “The Wizard of Oz,” “Black Panther,” “E.T. the Extra Terrestrial” and “Friday Night Lights.”

Comment

As of this time, there are no showings planned in the state of Michigan.

Comment

Wal-Mart is calling it a tour, also. I saw someone in another forum here asking if an outside company has been hired. I'm willing to bet one has.

Comment

According to a person familiar, they are doing this with video walls

Comment

According to a person familiar, they are doing this with video walls
              At last, it will be possible to have matinees in the drive in theater.

Comment

Working...
              X