Need help to I.D. 1970's police/detective show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to I.D. 1970's police/detective show

Does anyone remember a Detective / Police drama from the early 70's where the main praotagonist worked out of a large 1 room police station in LA or New York? Said police station was dimly lit, grungy, filthy and had nasty looking green wainscoting on the walls?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike

Barney Miller?

Barney-Miller.jpg

(It was a sitcom. )

Comment

Cagney and Lacey?

Comment

Thanks but it was not a sitcom or Cagney & Lacey. Could it have been a show that ran 1 year called "Dan August"?

Comment

The first thing that came to mind formTV shows with the terms “police,” “New York,” “single room” and “grubby” was Barney Miller. I didn’t think you were talking about a sitcom but it was all I could think of.

If it was Dan August, you might remember because Burt Reynolds was the star of that show.

As you say, that show only ran for one season. I barely remember it. I do kinda-sorta remember a TV show with Burt Reynolds playing a cop but it’s pretty fuzzy. I would have only been five or six years old at the time it ran.

Comment

Dragnet?
            Kojak?

Most of the police shows featured station with green walls.

Comment

Hill Street Blues?

Comment

HSB was early '80s and went 7, hard fought, seasons. I didn't have the green walls either and was multi-room (line up, officies...etc.) HSB also never did state what city it was in and definitely not NYC/LA. Chicago would be by guess is the target city based on the weather depicted and the "EL" mass transit.

Comment

I always thought Boston for HSB.

Comment

This show was from the early to mid 70's. This detective would stop in at the station only to pick up assignments and report into his direct superior. Otherwise he was out on the road ibvestigating.

Comment

Baretta? That was '70s...he was always on the streets...he had a bird, the show had a cool song and a catch phrase "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                        "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."
                        "Don't go to bed with no price on your head!" ("No! Don't do it!")

Comment

Not a technically a police detective show, but the thoughts of a 70's TV show that was grungy and dimly lit brought up Kolchak: The Night Stalker. I remember a couple episodes of that scaring the shit out of me when I was a kid.

The Rookies and SWAT were a couple other popular police shows in the 1970's. SWAT obviously is most remembered for its theme music.

Comment

Used to love that show when I was ten years old!

I thought of it, too, but since it's not a cop show I didn't say it.

Comment

Maybe Bartetta is the show I'm thinking of. I ordered in on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                              X