No announcement yet.

Disney and Avatar 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadline articles have mentioned several times that Glass Onion will be available to be booked on December 23, and not just at AMCs. Anyone else hear anything about this? It would be a great option for 2 weeks at Christmas, even if it's already on Netfilx.

Comment

We saw Glass Onion in a Cinemark theater on Thanksgiving day. One scene that bothered me was a bunch of people walking around in sandals with the floor covered in broken glass. In reality, I'd expect there to also be a lot of blood on the floor.

Comment

So how did everyone end up doing with Avatar 2? We did very moderate business from Dec 16-25th, but ... then it took off and did solid numbers. Nothing record setting, but steady figures. Our best week was week 3, with week 4 almost doing as well. Disney twisted our arm to hold it for week 5, but since we're a 2-screen we finally got the ok to move it over to our smaller screen in 2D.

I still think Netflix is leaving big bags of money on the table by not putting GLASS ONION out in theaters again. At this point I think they'd make more money releasing it in theaters across than US, plus it would build more anticipation for the 3rd movie in the series. We'd run it.

Comment

You stated above that Netflix said Glass Onion would be available to book after 12/23 -- is it no longer available?

We are just wrapping up Avatar 2 wk4, it has been solid throughout. They also wanted us to keep it another week but people would probably mutiny if we did. It was nowhere near Top Gun Maverick overall but we never had the dreaded week of crickets at the end either. I think good word of mouth helped it.

Comment

I've heard of no one showing GLASS ONION since Thanksgiving. I think reports back then that it would be available again in Dec/Jan were incorrect. Strange, you think if they wanted an Oscar campaign of some kind they'd allow cinemas to show it, as they have in previous years. I know we've run THE IRISHMAN and POWER OF THE DOG in previous years.

Comment

Working...
            X