Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Code for Isle Lights intensity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Code for Isle Lights intensity?

Hi FTers -- I am working in a brand new, multi-purpose theatre (multi-purpose = mediocre for every purpose) used for live performances, concerts and the bastard child, film screenings. The first time I dim the lights, to my horror, I see that the isle lights on each isle seat look like they have the equiv of 60w bulbs in them -- totally unacceptable for screenings. I want to gel them down with maybe a deep orange Rosco theatrical gel and then as many neutral-density gels that it takes to tame them to a decent, usable level. The Chief Theatre Tech here is rightfully concerned that if we change those isle lights in any way and someone trips and falls, there could be a liability here since we "tampered" with an original safety item.

So what I am after is, there must be a National Safety Code i.e., an official number for how much illumination is required in the isles, yes? I need a measurable number that architects use when designing cinemas that I can point to an "official" illumination figure and show we are meeting that brightness safety standard even with the modification, just in case it ever comes to someone falling and suing. In other words, whatever I do, I need to be sure I am not putting the place or me personally in legal jeopardy. Yah, I get it.,..protect the patrons (Watch your step, lady), but I want to protect my screen from ambient light that's so bright you need to wear sunglasses when there's no picture on it.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Have a good holiday everyone. .

https://www.csemag.com/articles/ten-...-illumination/

Comment

Working...
    X