Trailers depending on rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailers depending on rating

We used to show PG-13 trailers even at PG movies for kids but some parents provided feedback that they would prefer we don't do that. We're a single screen so I like to show trailers of movies I know we'll be getting. Kid movies do the best here so we show as many PG movies as possible but for big movies like Spiderman, which are PG-13, if I only showed PG trailers, it would be rare that I can show PG-13 trailers for popular Marvel movies or others that are PG-13.

What is everyone's policy on movie trailers? I don't plan on showing R rated trailers at PG movies but I feel there are some PG-13 trailers we should be showing at PG movies like Sing 2 and Encanto so we can get people excited to come back.

Thoughts?

If it's a higher rating, I just don't show it even if I know it's something we'll be playing. I pretty much follow the chart Deluxe sends out every week in order to pair trailers. I think the posters out front get noticed and remembered more anyways. People will ask what's playing next as they're leaving. I'll tell them the title in which they don't recall even though they viewed the trailer before the film they just watched.

Comment

Working...
    X