No announcement yet.

Popcorn Machine Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the Ukiah 6 Theatre we used Gold Metal. Good poppers. You can unplug and remove the kettle for cleaning. At Belmont 3 we had a 1970's Creators. It worked well.

Comment

In Hemlock Michigan there is the Zastrow Wholesale Popcorn and supplies. This family owned company supplies locally grown unpopped corn and provides service for the machines.
      The two theatres I managed used their services and we were very happy with the results. 989-642-5281

We had a large electric Gold Medal at the big house and a Cretors at the smaller.

The Gold Medal had a filter system for the air inside the machine. A washable metal filter and the kettle was removable for cleaning.

Comment

Ken,

We have used Zastrow since opening! In fact, this theater has used Zastrow for all three of generations of the Zastrow family! Great people. Great product!

We also use their popping oil instead of traditional coconut. Not sure if anyone else uses theirs, but its corn oil!

Speaking of popcorn oils....anyone else notice the insane price of topping oils? Our cases went up by more than DOUBLE. What was about 30.00 in 2019 is now costing 75.00 not including shipping which pushes it to 100 for a case of 4. Really going to have to start charging extra for topping if I can't find another source. But I can't seem to find anyone that sells them around here.

In regards to the thread. I did pull the trigger on the Mach 5. Delivery is estimated to be in November. Can't wait!

Comment

I just use butter.

Support your local cow!

Comment

Originally posted by James Wyrembelski View Post
            Ken,

Speaking of popcorn oils....anyone else notice the insane price of topping oils? Our cases went up by more than DOUBLE. What was about 30.00 in 2019 is now costing 75.00 not including shipping which pushes it to 100 for a case of 4. Really going to have to start charging extra for topping if I can't find another source.
            True story
            Back in 1996 we programmed our concession registers with a spare button for extra butter. If a customer said "extra butter" we it the button once. (programmed for 25 cents) If the customer said "extra, extra, extra butter" we hit the button 3 times. That raised the popcorn price 75 cents. I never heard of a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
              I just use butter.

Support your local cow!
              Frank, I might have to look into that.

I am contemplating just raising the price on popcorn in general. As I ordered some buckets yesterday I noticed the price of those have also went up (again). Started looking at bags as a cheaper alternative but appears those are now seeing shortages and are not available. Per your Pepsi thread a few weeks back, I am now seeing shortages on more and more items. Cups and lids are out as well as some bottled products and water. I want to add a slushy machine as well but am holding off until I start seeing cups become regularly in stock.

I now have to buy water at the local grocery store due to shortage and price. Good for the local place (and it was cheaper by about half of what Pepsi wanted to charge me for a case )

Comment

Frank keeps a cow in his lobby for fresh butter. Must be a Canadian thing. :P

As for popcorn oil, I really only go with either coconut oil or real butter. The latter only if I hand-pop it, as "unclarified" butter burns easily. Still, I think that coconut oil gives the best "umami taste" of the production popcorn oils, so I don't really need any fake butter on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                X