2021 April Fools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 April Fools

Just had a text message asking if I would call someone by the name of Pedro Basura, about a Barco projector with a purple tail light.

The tail light I don't need to explain, basura is Spanish for garbage, and a Google search revealed that the phone number in the message was for the Mexican consulate in LA.

If I hadn't made the effort to learn at least a little bit of Spanish after moving here, that would probably have got me.

Years ago I told all of my crew (teenage girls) that I didn't think they were giving me enough respect, and I'm older than they are and I'm the boss etc. and so I think it'd be more respectful if they would call me "Mr. Blakesley" instead of "Mike" and that was going to be our new policy going forward. And then I proceeded to ignore them if they called me "Mike." I held out for about two hours and finally told them it was an April Fool joke. I never saw so much eye rolling in my life..... they would come in and say something like, "Mike, we need some more quarters in the concession" or whatever, and I would just pretend I didn't hear, until they looked exasperated and said "MR, BLAKESLEY, we need some more quarters..."(while rolling their eyes).

Comment

It snowed in Erie, last night. It started just after midnight and there was almost an inch on the ground by morning. By mid afternoon, almost all of it had melted.

Just when we thought Spring was here, Mother Nature says, "April Fool!"

Comment

Working...
      X