No announcement yet.

Where's Bobby Henderson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a followup appointment on Monday. I had to soak my finger in an iodine solution for about 20 minutes to loosen the old bandages and tape. Then the doctor removed the rest of the stitches and took out the two pins. A new set of X-rays showed the two lower fragments of the fingertip bone fusing together, but the third fragment at the tip is kind of loose. The doctor thinks chances are good that it will meld in with the other parts of the bone. But if that little bone chunk fails to fuse with the rest of the bone it might have to be removed later. They put a new splint on my hand; it will stay there until my next appointment on August 18. Once the fingertip bone and deep lacerations are healed up enough they'll look at setting up some kind of physical therapy. I do have feeling all over the finger and can bend the top joint (a little). But there definitely is some nerve damage present. When I fully extend my left arm I get a bit of tingling sensation in the fingertip similar to how it feels when your foot falls asleep.

Comment

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I'd be up a creek if I had a finger injury like that, as typing is a little necessary when coding...

Comment

Working...
      X