Random videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random videos

It looks like nobody has started the "random videos" thread again.

Here's something that happened this past Sunday. A set of tires on an axle broke off of a semi and rolled and bounced right across the road and smashed a pillar out of a building before making a good-sized dent in the paved parking lot.

https://www.facebook.com/paalarm/vid...6143369288571/

About a week ago (Aug 1st, Y2k20) this video of some "Urban Explorers" checking out
    an abandoned 1990's multiplex showed up in my You-Tube feed. If you watch the
    whole thing, you'll see that there are some great neon facimilies of some of the major
    studio logos on one of the lobby walls. Those would be great to have, but probably no
    way to get them without removing the whole wall. There's still some CHRISTIE consoles
    in place too. Just out of curiosity, DOES ANYBODY RECOGNIZE THIS PLACE ?

Here are a couple of screen shots, and a link-thingy to the video on U-Tube:

EXTERIOR 1
    ​​​​​
    EXTERIOR 2
    ​​​​​
    LOBBY
    ​​
    PROJECTION ROOM
    (w/Christie Console & Part Of A Platterizer )
    ​​

Near the end of the video, they go through a hatch & up onto the roof, from
    which you get a good a view of the surrounding area, which might help identify it.

Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 08-10-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

It's Greenburgh Multiplex Cinemas in Elmsford NY, as revealed in one of the comments. Opened 1999, closed 2019. http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/47826

Comment

I've seen the video a few days before, it was clear to me the theater didn't close in 2005 as stated in the video, it wouldn't have looked like it did. What struck me were the big holes in the drywall. Some people apparently still thought there would be anything of value left in the place...

It was also clear they pulled all the digital projection and sound equipment, but apparently left the speakers and some of the still remaining 35mm gear.

Comment

Greenburgh Multiplex Cinemas in Elmsford NY, as revealed in one of the comments
          D'oh! Thanks. Actually, I had looked in the comments, but since I watched the video & read the
          comments within the 1st 24hrs or so of the video being posted, that comment wasn't there yet.

Comment

This is also a news story, but the point of it is really the video, so posted here.

The Polish military was trying to defuse a 5,000 ton UXB that had been discovered at the bottom of a harbor (it had been intended to destroy a Nazi warship, but missed its target and sunk without detonating), and accidentally detonated it in the process.

The military spokesman also managed to nominate himself for the most obvious statement of the year award, when he told a press conference shortly afterwards that "the bomb is now considered safe."

34344496-8835659-image-a-1_1602603611247.jpg

Comment

Instead we step inside this Retro Movie
              1999 is Retro?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post

1999 is Retro?
                Welcome to 2020, everything that happened before it is considered retro.

Regarding the current pandemic, I stumbled upon this little video from a few months ago. Kudos for the creator for the simulations, but it's somehow scary how things worked out in the end... I guess things like science and logic are still the best way to approach the world around us...

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post

Welcome to 2020, everything that happened before it is considered retro.
                  Everything Old is Old again

Comment

Bruce Willis advertising Die Hard batteries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7kF...ature=youtu.be

Comment

You don't have to look far for some real-life endorsements of those same batteries.

Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post

Everything Old is Old again
                      I reserve the right to steal that quote.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCqZQUhBBHw

This has to be the most absurd song I've ever heard.

Comment

I love this video, the recording of Universal Studios' 100th Anniversary Logo music. The newer orchestral arrangement and the addition of the choral voices really makes this theme epic. Not since the "Cinemascope Extension" to the 20th Century Fox logo has a opening logo given me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7x89vX2hk
                          Last edited by Tony Bandiera Jr; 11-01-2020, 08:40 PM. Reason: Fix link

Comment

This 81-year-old Italian man couldn't visit his wife in hospital, so he serenaded her from the street

If music be the food of love, play on -- especially when coronavirus restrictions leave you with little other option.
                            Prevented from visiting his sick wife in hospital, 81-year-old Stefano Bozzini decided to take to the street outside to serenade her on his accordion.
                            While Carla Sacchi, his wife of 47 years, watched from a second-floor window of the hospital in Castel San Giovanni, a town in Italy's northern Emilia-Romagna region, the sprightly troubadour played a medley of love songs on his accordion below.
                            https://www.facebook.com/10000803949...2340390377250/

Comment

Made in Finlan

Comment

Working...
                              X