Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random photos, comics, etc.

Looks like it's up to me to restart this thread.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I came along this picture, which I wanted to call "Multiplex Dystopia". Long, empty hallways filled with nothing, leading to rooms, filled with mostly nothing.

Still wondering what movie is playing at the end of the hallway though...

Comment

il_1588xN.509848913_4qlu.jpg

My wife just came across this when she was looking for quilt patterns.

The crochet pattern is for sale on this webpage: https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/1...quick-and-easy

Comment

Oh for yesterday . . .
        Attached Files

Comment

Christmas at the Olde Towne Music Hall Theatre, El Segundo, CA. 2014 Owner Bill Fields in the pic on the right of the console. He and his late partner Bill Coffman restored the Wurlitzer Pipe organ and Bill plays live during selected silent films. 20141207_133843.jpg

Comment

There are many old theatres that have been saved by enthusiasts for the theatre organ. The old Towne Music Hall is an example of a theatre where the organ was implanted and both survive.

When i was there last, they were using an RCA 16mm Carbon arc lighted projector. They lost the exciter lamp during the credits of the film they were showing. Too long ago to remember the title of the film. Got the sound back before the credits ended.

What fun times.

Comment

An all time favorite. Figured the new board is a sign to stop lurking and start participating.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/movie_theater_layout

SmartSelect_20200113-221517_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by Gregg D Hart; 01-13-2020, 11:16 PM. Reason: I'm bb illiterate

Comment

buggered_plane.jpg
                "Stop! Wait! That's an unprotected left!"

Either that, or this could be an ad for the braking performance of Toyota trucks.

Comment

OscarComic.jpg

Comment

I came along this picture, which I wanted to call "Multiplex Dystopia". Long, empty hallways filled with nothing, leading to rooms, filled with mostly nothing.]
                    Ah, the uninspiring utilitarian anti-charm of the multiplex.

And Frank M -- all those abandoned projectors...as a one Professor Higgins would have said of that state of affairs, It's enough to make the angels weep. And I am.

Comment

Here is an animated GIF of that hallway Marcel posted above. I downloaded it and did a quick animation to it.

EDIT: Sadly this site does not seem to support animated GIFs.

Comment

My new AKA is:
                        "The Masked Projectionist" LoL!

☞ Actually, this photo was taken in July of Y2k18, when San
                        Francisco was blanketed with clouds of smoke & ash from a
                        huge wildfire up north of The CIty. Not only was the air quality
                        bad enough to require masks when outside, but the ash
                        particles in the air were small enough that they were able to
                        pass through the air conditioning filters. The day this picture
                        was taken, you could see a visible 'fog' in the projection beam.
                        (And it took quite a bit of work the following week to
                        open up & clean out the equipment & replace all the filters)
                        I'm glad I hung on to the extra face masks I bought back then,
                        even though I really didn't think I'd ever need to use them again.)
                        Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 04-24-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

covid.jpg

I bet this business is now wishing that it had called itself something else...

Comment

The CDC has just released its interim report into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic:

batlady.jpg

It's topping the bestseller list at the Barnes and Noble branch in downtown Wuhan, apparently.

Comment

Some of the world's worst album covers (according to the author of the collection of these images, and it's hard to imagine much worse):

image_320.jpg
                              rolf.jpg

For those who are unaware, Harris was a popular entertainer on British children's TV during the 1970s and '80s, who, in retirement many years later, was discovered to have been a prolific pedophile and sent to jail.

Comment

Working...
                              X