No announcement yet.

Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is located in Kill Devil Hills, N.C. apparently it's a popular place...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Cox
      I told her not to be in a rush to make this one.
      Not least because your local Vons or Stater Bros. is unlikely to have six bats in the fresh meat section! Well, maybe the branches in Wuhan might (one of the theories as to how covid got started with that it jumped from bats to humans via bat soup, which I understand is a popular delicacy in Wuhan). So making this recipe will either start a global pandemic if you buy the meat from a store, or give you rabies if you try to catch them yourself. Yum!

Here's another one to trigger the vegans:

Comment

• Everyone needs one of these... I am holding out for the horn loaded version though....

Comment

• Everyone needs one of these... I am holding out for the horn loaded version though....

Comment

• Southwest Flight 1455 over ran the runway at Bob Hope Airport back in 2000. No fatalities, but the plane was written off...

Comment

• They didn't like the price of gas at the airport, and decided to use the Chevron across the street?

The opposite happened with BA flight 38: condensation froze in a fuel/oil heat exchanger while it was on final approach, causing the simultaneous failure of both engines just before the final application of power was needed for the flare and touchdown. The quick acting pilot retracted the flaps just in time to get them over the perimeter fence and onto the airfield, but they came down on the grass short of the runway, thereby totaling a $300m airplane. 100 yards further and it would likely have been fixable. No deaths, but dozens of injuries.

Comment

• Fortunately, there are already lots of places that specialize in rebuilding EV battery packs... not that having that done is cheap either...

Comment

• I Never Realized There Was Actually A Switch For This!
                  ShowSwitch.jpg

(For the technically curious- - I saw this switch in a rack-full of equipment
                  at a theater The Union sent me to work a last minute shift at the other nite.
                  I wanted to get a picture of the whole device, but it was in a very dark
                  corner of the booth, and I couldn't turn on the work lites during the show.
                  The name plate said it was a: "Klone-Tec Automation Unit". Maybe one
                  of you guys knows more about it, since I can't find any info online.

Although it was powered up, it was not in use- - in fact one of the reasons
                  I was sent there was because they run all their shows manually and thier
                  regular operator was busy working another event that night)
                  Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 10-14-2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• That's the best post so far. I bet D-150 theaters had a Showmanship module in the racks that used a 200 amp knife switch...

Comment

• THIS is showmanship!

MBC-Oz.jpg

Comment

• the adaptor tool we all should have! Of course this was before USB C, and 3... Converter box.jpg

Comment

• Anyone ever stay here, or am I the only one?

Clown Motel.jpg

Comment

• Pre-Wash Cycle (2016_02_27 21_17_56 UTC).jpg

The pre-wash cycle in action...

Comment

• 2366295.gif
                              Please enter a message with at least 10 characters.

Comment

• This will only make sense if you're familiar with California's Inland Empire, but for those that aren't, suffice as to say that San Bernardino is nicknamed San Bernaghetto by natives of the surrounding settlements.

sb.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X