No announcement yet.

Cinemacon 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect neither of your suspicions are true. Updating the DSS software was incredibly easy for them. Maintaining the CAT745 service, for many factors, not so.

Comment

I reject your suspect suspicions to substitute my own!

Wasn't their official statement to abandon the CAT745 recertifications because they were all essentially working from home and not having access to the office made it impossible for them to do so? I guess updating the firmware can be done almost entirely remotely, especially small changes like adding a new type number.

Regarding those supply shortages: Has Dolby confirmed that the CP950A won't be affected by he same supply shortages their IMS3000 seems to be subject to at the moment? Because stuff seems to be all over the board right now, but anything "new and shiny" almost always comes with months of delays.

Comment

It is probably cheaper for them to issue a minor software update for the DSS than to keep up CP850 sales. I am sure they want to get out of the CP850 as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen
          Wasn't their official statement to abandon the CAT745 recertifications because they were all essentially working from home and not having access to the office made it impossible for them to do so?
          That didn't make it impossible for them to re-cert two Doremi IMBs, a Dolphin, and an IMS2000 for my customers during the pandemic. Actually, they didn't re-cert the IMS2000 (it was swapped out for another, with a totally separate serial), but the IMBs and Dolphin came back with -01 serial numbers.

One would hope that they will have reasonable inventory levels of both out-of-the-box 950As, and upgrade kits, in stock, before they start to accept orders. Of all the manufacturers I install and service stuff from regularly, only Barco seems to be totally unaffected by the semiconductor shortage (though GDC not as badly as Dolby and QSC).

Comment

Working...
          X