Coronavax experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Furr View Post
    I got the third shot Aug. 16th and didn't even have a sore arm like I did with the first two shots. I feel lucky!
    The booster is a very small dose. Even the vial is micro minature...

Comment

• And now there is a yet another new variant, one called B.1.1.529. It was identified in South Africa. Early word is this variant shows the most mutation out of SARS-CoV-2 variants so far. Compared to the Delta variant this new bug may have enhanced transmissibility and a greater ability to evade immunity in people who have been previously vaccinated and/or beat COVID-19 infection.

Comment

• Most of Europe, the UK, and now ourselves, have now stopped inbound air travel from most of Southern Africa. As passenger air travel is now known to be the quickest vector for worldwide spread, I guess this "shoot first and answer the questions later" approach is the only sensible one; but I feel for the economic damage it will cause in Africa (especially Botswana and Namibia, the economies of which depend heavily on safari-type tourism) and to the airline industry.

On a more selfish note, I have relatives booked to come and visit over Christmas from the UK, and so am crossing fingers that this doesn't spread into another near complete ban on intercontinental passenger travel. The last one did carry an exemption for the parents, children, and siblings of US Citizens, but using that would still have required my family members to do a 14-day hotel quarantine on arrival back home.

Comment

Working...
        X