The Courier - 2021 FilmNation Entertainment movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Courier - 2021 FilmNation Entertainment movie

This movie has the world's worst title. IMDB returns 200 results when you search for Courier, and google has (or at least had) a trailer for a completely different movie called The Courier as its top search result too. The original title for this movie was apparently Ironbark and they would have been further ahead to have left it at that. As it is, this movie gets lost in a sea of Courier....

The Courier is a true story about a machine parts salesman who is recruited by British Intelligence and the CIA to smuggle information about the Soviet nuclear weapons program from Moscow around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. It takes place in the early 1960's and boy, does it look good! I always enjoy seeing the backgrounds and streetscapes in movies set during that period, I guess because it reminds me of when I was a kid. This is certainly well done in terms of how it looks.

The story is very interesting and being a true story makes it even more worthwhile to see. It isn't action packed, the movie doesn't revolve around car chases and shoot-outs, but the story moves right along and there's really no part of it that I would consider to be particularly slow moving either. The style and pacing is very similar to Bridge of Spies (2015), which I also greatly enjoyed.

Who is the distributor in Canada for THE COURIER ?

Comment

Elevation.

Comment

Working...
      X