Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUEST: "Woman Chaser" Aspect Ratio?

I'm running a really nice 35mm print of WOMAN CHASER [1999] later this week
    I might not have time to run a reel on screen before then, and I'm not sure of the A/R.

It's in Black & White (on REAL B&W acetate film stock!) and I've identified the sound as
    SR, but I'm wondering if anyone knows the proper aspect ratio? It's shot full frame, & I've
    laid both 1:85 & 1:37 plates over some frames on the rewind bench, and it looks like it
    could be either one. IMDB is now help. So I'm wondering if someone here has run it and
    knows the proper A/R. THANKS.

It is available to stream online, and is presented in 1:85

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post
      It is available to stream online, and is presented in 1:85
      Yes, I know the online version is 1:85, but they could have scanned the full-frame image & cropped it
      almost any way they wanted, & videopeople sort of prefer a 1:77 or 1:85 image if that's an option for
      them. I found a note here that two of my co-workers looked at the print (on the bench) & arrived at
      the conclusion that it is 1:37, which would actually be my preference too. Two other long time
      projectionpeople I've asked each gave me a different answer. (One said 1:37, the other 1:85)
      I'm hoping to find a definitive answer before Wed nite, because I think the director or someone
      connected with the film will be here.
      I know what you're probably thinking- - "Why don't I just ask the director " (or whoever) if they
      are going to be here - - well, because it's been my experience than more often than not, they
      don't have a clue. (although one time I asked, the director in question immediately made an
      overseas call to Europe and put me on the the phone with the the cinematographer, who not
      only gave me the answer I was seeking, but thanked me for double checking that his work
      was going to be projected correctly
      )

So, I"m hoping to get this figured out by Wed night, - - or maybe I'll just toss a coin, or I suppose
      we could run each reel with a different lens & plate!

UPDATE: Somebody got in touch with the cinematographer, who confirmed 1:85
      Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 12-06-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X