My Spy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Spy

I'm not entirely sure who the audience for My Spy really is. It's about 50% kids show about 50% action-comedy movie. It reminds me of The Pacifier or Kindergarten Cop, but what you end up with here is (in my opinion) too rough for kids and too juvenile for adults.

Having said that, there are a few people coming to see this movie (more than I thought might come to see it with the current virus stuff going on) but it's definitely not going to be a top ten of the year or anything like that. Those who are coming to see it seem to like it, so that's a good sign and I guess that shows you what I know about what kids will watch these days.

It's not a great movie but it will do and I've certainly played a lot of stuff that's got less of a turn-out so it's worth having.

My wife (whose first language is French) pointed out to me that this is the second week in a row that I've had a movie that has a few lines of French. Call of the Wild last week had some French lines and My Spy has some French lines and even a French song in it. It hadn't really registered with me until she pointed that out, but she's right. Hollywood is getting downright international there.

looks like Styx sold this off to Amazon for it's streaming platform 'Prime Video'

Comment

Working...
    X