Candyman (2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candyman (2021)

Jordan Peele's latest horror movie/political statement.

Straight-out chop-em-up horror movies aren't exactly my first choice for entertainment personally, but they sometimes do reasonably well here so I play them. This one has the blood dripping stuff but it also has a fairly decent story and it's actually not a bad movie.

The start of the movie (the Universal logo and such) is presented backward. I'm waiting for someone to come out and tell me that there's a problem. It hasn't happened yet but I've only played it one night so far so there's lots of time yet.

One rather cool aspect of this movie is that they use shadow puppets at certain points to illustrate various parts of the story, and then throughout the credits they more-or-less give a five-minute recap of the entire movie. An outfit called Manual Cinema in Chicago did that and they did it well; it looks really good and is very effective indeed.

Ultimately, Candyman isn't really my cup of tea, but it's pretty good for what it is and horror movie fans will certainly enjoy it.
Working...
X