Paw Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paw Patrol

This is a much better movie than I expected it to be. It's short (there's less than an hour and twenty minutes of actual movie here), it's colourful, it has a fast-moving and simple storyline. In short, it's got pretty much everything that a movie geared for little kids needs to keep the tykes interested.

None of the tykes will be bored this week.

The movie seems to be intended to sell a lot of toys. Each Paw Patrol dog has its own vehicle with special capabilities (police car, fire truck, helicopter, etc.) and the vehicles work like the Transformers, where this folds into that and the next thing pops out and suddenly you have a long ladder or a trampoline or whatever is required for the current rescue scene. There's even a reference to "authorized branded merchandise" that's built right into the movie so it couldn't be more blatant than that.

It's a cute movie and worth bringing little kids to see.

I've had to see it three times. No more please....

I will give credit to the filmmakers behind it for doing a solid little bit of subliminal marketing: even within the movies' cartoonish look, the vehicles and anything else with an associated 'toy' look almost photorealistically 'plastic'.

Comment

Working...
    X