Disney's CRUELLA 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's CRUELLA 2021

We all enjoyed this new Disney movie 'CRUELLA' last week at the brand new Cineworld Regal Stonestown 12 Galleria in San Francisco CA in Theatre #10. Filmed in 1.85 flat so It looked nice and tall on the Regal 12 square large screens. Seems like most of the current Disney films are in scope but this one was different.

The whole movie was very colorful and may win a award for costumes. The fun part were the two little dogs, very well trained.

Emma Thompson as the Baroness was over the top. Emma Stone as Cruella was very talented and fun to watch what she would come up with next against the mean Diva Baroness.

The best part of the new film was the movies stereo soundtrack. Great music used from the 1950's up to the 1980"s . The only problem on a few tracks that had vocal songs as the actors were talking also at the same time. Great stereo split surround and a nice clear color 1.85 picture at the new Regal 12 In SF.

I bet they will do a sequel as this is a word of mouth movie for adults not just for little kids. Many of my senior movie friends are going to see It for a second time with someone new for the first time as they liked It so well.

Great family movie to re open cinemas when many people have not been out to the a movie theatre in over a year. Will buy It on Blu Ray DVD when It is released for a few people I know that can't make It out to the movie theatres these days.

The critics agree with you Terry. It will be interesting to see how the box office does since this film was available in theaters and at Disney+ streaming at the same time.

Comment

There's a lot of talk around here about how "controversial" this movie is, which is based (from what I can tell) on Facebook posts that originated at various bible-thumper sites and have been shared. The evil-ness of this movie apparently stems from the following two things:

1. The main character's name is DeVil, or "devil" pronounced differently (apparently the exact same thing in the 1960s Disney movie was OK though)

2. The lyrics to the song at the end contain the line "there's always a line at the gates of hell" which is somehow going to indoctrinate kids that... I dunno, hell is cool? The fact that the song is played over the end credits (when nobody's paying attention) and the lyrics are not super-easy to understand, well they don't mention those facts. Also the movie is rated PG-13 so there's that.

We've had a lot of people in who have said these accusations are ridiculous. One group was my wife's nephew, whose family is VERY religious -- they brought several kids who all enjoyed the movie. we also have had a couple of the local ministers who brought their families and they didn't have any complaints either. Typical complaints originating from people who haven't even watched the movie in question jumping to conclusions.

I have not watched the movie but my wife has, and she really liked it.

Comment

I'm shocked that's what they would focus on

I figured the 'Disney's full of SJWs" crowd would be instantly triggered by the flamboyant and most likely gay supporting character (those who've seen the movie know which one) or the female empowerment themes.

Maybe that crowd is just Star Wars fans.....

Personally, "Cruella" isn't really my cup of tea and I got a little bored by the constant song parade. But it was well done for what it is, and our audiences loved it.

Comment

Working...
        X