Film-Guard Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film-Guard Shelf Life

What is the practical shelf life of Film-Guard? I have a large bottle that is slowly turning a darker brown. At which point does it cease to be effective or possibly even harmful?

If you leave the bottle somewhere that it gets a bit of sunlight, it's possible that is all you are seeing. Regardless just give it a good shaking. There isn't a specific known shelf life as long as it hasn't been mixed with something else or placed into a different container.

Comment

I have some Film-Guard that has spent the last 7 winters in my storage outbuilding. When I looked at it last time in this past summer, other than being a bit darker that when it was new, it seemed none the worse for wear. Sometime in the next two years (if I live that long that is) I will finally have my new house with screening room built, and will finally see how the prints I last ran in the late 80's have held out with and without FG treatment.

Comment

It is stored at room temperature in a dark cabinet in the original bottle with the trigger spray attached. I also noticed that there has been a little evaporation and the bottle has pulled in a bit. I'll keep on using it, maybe a little more generously applied to the pads. At this rate, it will definitely outlast me!

Comment

Working...
        X