Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping the Aperture/Turret/Magnet Controller Card on a Kinoton PK60D

Hopefully someone has the answer.
    My PK60D has a three lens turret. The card that controls the voltage to the aperture/turret/magnet has an issue. It is not providing the voltage for the aperture changer motor.
    I have the a spare controller card with the chips installed for the old two lens turret version.
    Question: Is the basic controller card for two and three lens turrets the same (except for the two IC's?
    Can I swap cards and IC's to fix the problem? The IC's in the 3 lens turret have different numbers on them from the 2 lens turret card. I'm assuming the IC'S are programmed differently.

Are you sure it's not the aperture changer motor or related mechanics that is the actual problem? That has usually been the case on other projectors with similar setups. While it wold be best to have a tech diagnoses this, you can certainly shotgun the parts on the board. Look at digikey.com for the same parts.

Comment

There are three different areas that receive voltage from the controller card. The magnet which works in tandem with the turret, the turret and the aperture changer. The aperture motor is not receiving any voltage. I'm going to assume there is a problem with the card. I've got the old 2 lens turret card so today I'm going to swap both the cards and the two IC's and see if that takes care of the issue.

Comment

So bottom line......Changing out the IC's I broke one leg off one of the chips so I decided to use one of the old IC's in the replacement card. To my surprise it works perfectly now. The IC I used from the old card had a different number but worked exactly like it belonged there. I've got to assume the card is defective. CASE CLOSED

Comment

Can you post a close up of the card... parts side please?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
            Can you post a close up of the card... parts side please?
            Here you go....

IMG-7929.jpg

Comment

Its pic controled. Thats why there are factory part numbers on the two chips. Those are programed at the factory. I kinda doubt those were bad though. More likely a connector issue or relay that jostlung things around fixed. Appkying one drop of De-oxit cleaner to each connector pin is a goid idea. Especially in light of the pins not being gold plated.

Comment

Also, with the chip numbers being different, the programs on them may also not be the same. Likely different for two lens and three lens turret. The programs on those chips can be off loaded and saved to program more new chips. Under the white labels you'll find the actual chip numbers. And they may be the same.

Comment

Pin 17 isn't inserted properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                    Pin 17 isn't inserted properly.
                    Yep, I broke it. The good news is I had two more IC/s plus another card. I'll replace the chips when I can find a source those Kinoton programmed IC's,

Comment

Mark both IC's are identical and are
                      PIC16C71-20/P
                      They cost less than $5 each. Wonder how much Kinoton wants for theirs???

Comment

Probably a lot knowing where they have to come from. You are better off seeing if one of the guts in Europe might have another entire board.

Comment

Someplace I have the PC interface cable for those turrets controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Naples View Post
                            Someplace I have the PC interface cable for those turrets controllers.
                            Pete are those the cables that allow a person to re-program the IC's in the controller card?

Comment

Don....

http://www.learningaboutelectronics....controller.php

Comment

Working...
                              X