No announcement yet.

DTS TCR/ROM Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, if you use an image then you do not have to worry about the FS.

So, besides the motherboard, all started when you swapped the TCR firmware chip. Did you try putting the old one back?

On my DTS-6 - which doesn't fit the latest TCR chip though - this is the sequence.

NO DISK
    All lights light up, digital and timecode immediately turn off
    CDROM and SYSTEM stay lit for about 13 seconds
    Now SYSTEM turns off and TIMECODE turns on - so you now have TIMECODE and CDROM lit

The system stays like that forever.

WITH Disk
    All lights light up, digital and timecode immediately turn off
    CDROM and SYSTEM stay lit for about 13 seconds
    Now SYSTEM turns off and TIMECODE turns on - so you now have TIMECODE and CDROM lit but only for a split second before they both turn off and SYSTEM turns solid on.
    after about 25 seconds, SYSTEM starts blinking

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
      So, besides the motherboard, all started when you swapped the TCR firmware chip. Did you try putting the old one back?
      Ah no no, this is a "new" unit I got off ebay, so I've never had it working.

Thanks very much for the info on what the status lights do - that gives me a goal to aim for (at least until I can get a VGA card in there). I'll continue to tinker with it to see if I can find any traces I missed.

Comment

So you're saying the unit did not work before? Well, then it could be anything I'm afraid What motherboard is your DTS6 fitting? There have been a few over the years. Do you have the original intel 386 one?
        I'm sorry, I misread your original post: you never swapped the TCR chip.

I'm afraid a video card is the next step if you don't have another system to test things. My system had a leaking battery too but I caught it just in time.
        It is indeed frustrating that those items are sold for so much money nowadays! I wanted one myself but then I had a look at the prices I thought I could live without one!

Comment

Working...
        X