X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sascha Roll
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
    That's an FP16. It used the same oil as the FP20/30. Shell Tellus and something on the lighter-weight side. I don't recall off hand what wight they used but probably something like 22 or possibly 15.
    Thank you Steve!
    Almost at the same time another very knowledgeable technician (worked with Mr Kotte at Philips) also confirmed that Kinoton 3672 is the correct oil for the FP16 etc.
    I still have quite a few bottles of the Kinoton original oil that I bought when they sold off their inventory of 2 or 3 years ago.

Btw, did anyone ever manage to get any decent lightoutput from that vertical lamphouse? Mine has a 2,5kW bulb in it which still looks rather Okay,
    I have to admit that the second (smaller) reflective mirror is missing in mine but everything else is intact. Still really bad lightouput.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    I guess if you're looking for it in Germany, any good quality "Hydrauliköl" from a reputable source with a viscosity of "22" should probably do fine.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Guttag
    replied
    That's an FP16. It used the same oil as the FP20/30. Shell Tellus and something on the lighter-weight side. I don't recall off hand what wight they used but probably something like 22 or possibly 15.

Leave a comment:

• Sascha Roll
    started a topic Oil for Philips 16mm (LYTAX)

Oil for Philips 16mm (LYTAX)

I have recently required a really vintage Philips 16mm projector (way before Kinoton made those as FP18/28/38). It's factory QC badge says 1961. Serial Nr. is 1002.
    It runs perfectly fine but I want to do an oil change (and swap the terrible 2,5 kW Vertical Philips Lamphouse).

Which oil needs to go into that machine?

(Notice the beautifully butchered XLR connectors under the soundhead and the removed amp meter under the lamphouse... )

Btw, If anyone knows the exact "EL...." number of that machine that info would be appreciated. It has absolutely no model type label)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Sascha Roll; 05-24-2020, 06:13 AM.
Working...
X