Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinoton parts

Hi,

We are custom making a DP70 setup, and I wonder about a couple of things Kinoton.

We use a Kinoton Universal 2-7kw lamp house. I would need to know the exact length wise placement of the lamp/arc within the mirror. Mirror is big type, 34cm diameter. I ask because we plan to use lamps not made for the mirror. I remember seeing a Kinoton document with different xenon bulb adapters, but can't find it.

Also, anybody has two Kinoton type DP70 sound readers they are willing to part with?

Xenon Lamp adapters. Somewhere, I have the working distances. BTW...I HAVE been given permission to share these now. Xenon Lamp Adapters60A-90-25-E.pdf

I would caution you on your lamp choices. Reflectors are often designed with particular arcs (lamp styles) and lenses in mind. Often, deviating from those will result in a less efficient system. It is not a casual sort of thing. In general, Kinoton reflectors were designed with "HS" style lamps/arcs in mind and do well with short arcs.

As an aside, I found that the Barco "B" series projectors with the "XL" lamphouse do exceptionally well with "HS" style "film" lamps...like on par or maybe better than "digital" lamps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! Yes have been using HS/HEHS and will try another short arc type meant for digital. It's a test.

Comment

It is still possible to find Kinoton "universal" lamphouses if you choose to go that route. It is also possible to retrofit a RSSD onto a DP70 but its very involved.

Comment

Thanks, yes we have the Universal house, just uncertain about the arc placement. We also have the RSSD, but as you say it's quite a job. Would prefer a made to fit reader.

Comment

Hello Sigurd, we have just done the procedure you ask about on a DP70:s with the Kinoton 2-7KW lamphouse.
            The person which did the installation was Ronald Rosbeek. You can google for Rosbeektechniek in Holland and ask him directly.
            He should be able to give you the measurements for the lamphouse placement.

Comment

Hi Jerry, thanks that's interesting. Yes I have been in contact with Ronald on a couple of occasions, the last time buying his reels for the DP70s, which are great. I read you also did the three bladed shutter conversion. Would you care to share some pictures, would be very interested to see!

Comment

There is a picture of the 3blade,on the interview with Ronald on in70mm.com

Comment

Thanks, I see it now. That is a very cool mod.

Comment

Working...
                  X