Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller on 70mm DTS reader

Hello
    does anyone know,why on the 70mm DTS reader the two rollers have a groove(I think its called)on one side of the roller.the 35mm does not.
    Also I have noticed,they are not mounted in the same direction on all readers.some they are opposite on some the same direction.
    alan

Hello Alan,
    I haven't noticed that. Which rollers are you referring too? The 2 smaller rollers on either side of the larger middle drum?
    Can you upload a picture?

Markus

Comment

Today I put a DTS film in it,and it seems to be to protect the timecode.BUT on this reader they are opposite the timecode,and the other reader we have one is opposite.thats why I was confused
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very interesting. I've never seen that before. My 70mm reader doesn't have that. The double groove looks like it is not on the timecode side. Is that reader directly from dts or is it a custom made unit?

Comment

no exactly,I think the rollers are mounted wrong.as I said the other reader one is right one is wrong.both readers are from DTS orignally

Comment

I think it was to protect one of the mag tracks but that's probably wrong since the others would still be in contact with the roller.

Comment

Sean

Yes ,I am quite sure now,its for protecting the DTS timecode.

Comment

Working...
              X