Big Sky L-3000 Lamphouse Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sky L-3000 Lamphouse Documentation

We are in the process of installing 2 Big Sky L-3000 lamp houses for our DP70s. We ran into an issue with the exhaust fans in our booth, as they each only pull 300CFM and we need at least 600CFM. After talking with our HVAC guy, he thinks it should be possible to put 2 600CFM(ish) blowers on top of each lamphouse to get the required airflow. Our old Christie H-30s had a blower built into the top of the lamphouse, so this further seems to be what we need. However, I am looking for documentation on the L-3000 lamphouses to see if there is a recommended way to mount such a system or blower recommendations, but it seems they are long out of business. Anyone have any other documents on these lamphouses? We have a basic 15 page manual, but possibly there was more? Thanks for the help!

If the suggestion is to put 2 X 600 CFM = 1200 CFM of blowers atop each lamphouse, then connect to existing ducting which will only handle 300 CFM, seems like something won't come out well.

1. If idea is to exhaust the 1200 CFM into the booth, some of the 3kW comes out as heat and the booth will warm up pretty quickly. HVAC will have to pull that heat out, kinda expensive.

2. If idea is to blow 1200 CFM up up the existing duct, then 300 CFM usually uses 6" to 7" duct If this is your duct size and there are any bends, doesn't seem like 1200 CFM will be achieved, especially if resistance to airflow of existing 300 CFM puller fan is left in place.

Can you install larger duct if needed, with 600 CFM puller fan at the far end? Perhaps a different routing, or out a side wall? Nice to not have additional fan noise in the booth, especially at ear height. Let us know how your project comes out.

Comment

Sorry I should clarify this. The current goal is 600CFM blowers on each Lamphouse. Each duct currently can suck ~300CFM, but it is my understanding that this is closer to 600CFM (puller fan) where these two meet at the puller fan on the roof (we have an exhaust system currently). I do agree that we might need to have larger duct, although unsure still. The duct is bigger farther up after the split for each projector. Ill keep you updated!

Comment

Call a HVAC company to size the duct and extraction fan properly

Comment

in this type of install for 6" outlet on lamphouse, i mount a grainger 7C037 1/4 hp direct drive blower on a set of 2NPA vibration isolators right on top of the lamphouse with an elbow connecting fan inlet to lamp exhaust, then wire the motor to the lamphouse 120v ac feed. you will need a sheet metal shop to make a transition piece for the outlet to your existing duct. this works very well and is very efficient. for 8-10" lamphouse exhaust use grainger 7AT80 3/4 hp blower on the same vibration isolators. Also, note you will have to switch the reversing leads on the motor supplied as grainger sends them out running in the wrong direction!

Comment

Kyle,

We have all the documentation that was available for those (we had to hunt down one of the guys from Big Sky at his new job and he was kind enough to go digging through his basement for us). Feel free to give me a call if you still have my cell number.

Comment

Working...
            X