Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Door Switch on Big Sky Series 1 console

Hello,
    I've got a pair of Kinoton PK 60D's with Big Sky series one consoles and I've been trying to hunt down where the rear door switch is located as it is on which results in no power to the bulb. Went to run a feature the other day, had my machines all ready to go and when I was about to start the show my bulb cut off and this rear door switch light was on. I've tried to duplicate it on my other machine and haven't been able to do so. All of the other switches (airvane, upper door, lower door) seem pretty straightforward. A door is open the switch turns on, close the door and you are in business but this rear door switch doesn't seem to be a traditional switch. I did talk to a tech on the phone that has been out of the business for a bit and he suggested I look at the wiring and a jumper(I think that's what he said) wire behind the bottom panel doors so I did have an electrician go thru the machine and he didn't seem to find anything out of order but he isn't familiar with 35MM machines.

I've attached some photos for what it is worth. Any suggestions is much appreciated. If there are any techs within striking distance of Jacksonville, Fl I'd love to have you stop by.

Thanks,
    Tim

unnamed(1).jpg top panel door.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim Massett; 06-12-2021, 11:32 AM.

The manual for this console (C2000) is in the Warehouse. If I'm reading the schematic correctly, there is no rear door switch. There should be a 4-slot terminal block marked JP3 with a jumper across terminals 3 and 4. If this jumper is loose it will "open" the rear door switch. Compare it to your other console to make sure. Make sure you are powered down when doing anything in that console. They bite. Good luck!

Comment

I put in.a number of them and I remember the lamp staying lit with the back door open. But there is for sure one on the side door. Big Sky has now gone to tje Big Sky, so yryyour local ecectric supply shop as many stock micro switches and such. This is an.8 Plex I installed in Greensburg, IIndiana back in 1999.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll dig up this manual.

Comment

Loose wire on that block. All set. Thanks, Christopher.

Comment

Working...
          X