70 mm Tenet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen View Post
    In all honesty, I think it started out as an error in the dialog part of the script, but was left in there on purpose, because of the potential controversy. The scene itself would've been "relatively easy" to re-shoot at the time (at least if they caught the error on-time).
    Kubrick was a bit of a chess expert wasn't he? With his legendary perfectionism it seems unlikely he'd not have spotted the error.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he spotted it. But the question remains:
      • Was it written like this and is this incorrectly classified as goof on e.g. IMDB?
      • Did it happen by accident and did they decide it wasn't worth replacing it? Not very Kubrick-y, but even he had to work with some given constrains.
      • Did it happen by accident and did he decide to leave it in, because it would serve the purpose of showing how HAL was testing Dave for the very cautious viewers?

Comment

Or did they leave it in to make sure that the film would be discussed at length decades after it was released?

Comment

I guess you found the best answer.

Nevertheless, I think those things are pretty intriguing and it would exactly be those kind of things I would want to ask, if I'd one more chance to ask Kubrick.

Comment

Emagine Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota coming up on it's 6th week of Tenet in 70

Comment

That's awesome David!

Comment

Emagine Willow Creek in Plymouth Minnesota coming up on it's 6th week of Tenet in 70
                Whats your average attendance been??

Comment

Mark it's been about 190 a week if you average the last five weeks ,we're going to go into week 7 ,it's in a 100 seat auditorium and now you can only put 45 in there with the restrictions ,it used to be the big house back in the day before luxury seats and stadium then it held 340 this used to be a Cineplex odeon when it opened in 1989 and I've been here ever since

Comment

After a 7-week run we are going to end on Thursday night October 15th on tenet in 70 at Emagine Willow Creek Plymouth ,Minnesota .I think we had the longest run in the country not sure on it

Comment

Working...
                    X