Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » System   » xxxxx Political Forum   » Welcome to the Political Arena - (rules that you MUST read before participating)

Author Topic: Welcome to the Political Arena - (rules that you MUST read before participating)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-20-2003 03:22 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We are going to try this for awhile and see how it goes. I didn't want to prohibit the friendly discussion of politics, war and that A-hole Sadaam...but at the same time I want everyone to remember that this is a film oriented website and as such I expect for everyone participating in this forum to "behave". Hopefully the way this forum is set up it will be "self-moderating"...but there will be moderators too. [Wink]

To post in this forum there are some restrictions:

• You MUST have a picture. If you feel the need to hide your face from the people you are speaking to, then I feel you have no need for a voice in this forum.
  • You will be restricted to a maximum of 25% of your Film-Tech Forum posts in this forum. Basically, anyone who registers for the purpose of arguing politics and not "film talk" doesn't need to be here. The forum will not let you exceed this percentage. As an example, if you have 100 posts to date in the "film forums" (which includes all but this one), then you will be able to post 25 times in this forum before you will have to participate in the other forums to increase your percentage.
  • Any member found "padding their posts" for the purpose of increasing their percentage in this forum will be docked double the post count from their member record. Do not pad your posts! Again, please remember this is a film-oriented website. There are political websites you can visit if that is all you want to do.
  • You will be restricted to a maximum of 3 posts a day in this forum. Many people are saying the same thing over and over and inviting arguments with repeated postings. This rule will force everyone to think before they speak and say what they want to say the first time without dragging things out and firing up arguments.
  • You have a hard coded 1 hour time limit to edit your posts. After 1 hour, you will be unable to edit what you have written. Again, think before you post. It will be a permanent addition to this forum after one hour has passed.
  • Anyone stirring up trouble or causing grief above and beyond basic opinion differences (which is expected in every thread) will be banned from this particular forum for a day or two to "cool off". During such time, should you be removed from this forum, you will still be able to participate in the other forums. Also, the server will automatically turn you on after your "break", so we won't have to remember. Hopefully we will never need to use this feature. We are all going to try and keep a relaxed moderation to this forum as much as possible in order to allow everyone to express their opinions and beliefs as best as possible. However please do remember to not directly insult or attack other members, per the cardinal rule of these forums.
  • Any moderator has final say. In other words, if a moderator makes a decision regarding an issue in this forum, don't come to me playing the "Mommy vs. Daddy" card. I will back up the moderator's decisions 100% regardless of the situation.
Like I said, we're going to try this out for awhile. With war starting today, I expect these sort of discussions can easily get hostile and personal. I will ease up on these settings once we see everything is running smoothly. I think these rules are probably over-reacting to the potential huge pain-in-the-ass for us that such a forum is capable of providing, so everyone please prove that theory correct. [Smile]

Special thanks to Rachel who has graciously volunteered to help moderate this forum. I believe she will do a nice job in moderating without letting the comments influence her decisions. [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Santapaola
Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Christopher Santapaola   Email Christopher Santapaola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Rachel on becoming a Moderator!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: